All prospective candidates desirous of admission for the General Prpose Rting (G.P.Rating) courses commencing at our academy on 1st january& 1st july every year, are hereby notified that:
FURTHER NOTICE: In line with the above, our own system for selection for the July 2017 batch on wards is as follows:
GENERAL PURPOSE RATING (G.P. RATING): ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR COURSE:
- NationalityThis course is open only to all Indian nationals.
- Maximum age limitNot less than 17 ½ years and not more than 25 years on the date of commencement of the course.Only candidates falling in the above age group can apply.
- Minimum academic qualificationsPassed in 10th/12th Standard from a recognised board with Science, Mathematics and English as subjects. Aggregate should be 40%, with Maths& Science and 40% in English.
- Medical standards
- » Height 157 cms.
- » Weight 48 kgs.
- » Eye sight Normal 6/6 vision in both eyes without glasses/ spectacles and no colour blindness.
Candidates should be free from any disability, disease or abnormality. Medical examination will be carried out by the approved authority as per Merchant Shipping Medical Examination Rules 2000 prior to final selection.
- Documents required at the time of submission of form
- » 10th Standard or higher passed certificate, showing Science, Mathematics & English as subjects.
- » Mark-sheet for the above.
- » Birth Certificate.
- » School leaving Certificate.
- » Passport.
- » Any other certificates awarded for extra curricular activities like sports, drama, etc.
All the above certificates should be brought in ORIGINAL with 4 ATTESTED PHOTOCOPIES (Attested by any college/ school Principal), made in sets in the above order at the time of submission of forms. The originals will be returned after verification.
Forms must be submitted in our office and all admission formalities will be completed.
All copies of certificates should be on a4 size paper only.
Three recent passport size colour photographs with front face view with name of candidate written on the reverse.
- Candidates desirous of joining the course must apply for a passport immediately, if they do not already have a passport, as it is a requirement when applying for C.D.C.
The candidates should submit completed application form to our office address with the following documents:
- 2 – Attested copies of 10th/ S.S.C. / higher Passing Certificate.
- 2 – Attested copies of 10th/ S.S.C. / higher Mark sheet.
- 2 – Attested copies of School leaving Certificate.
- 2 – Recent colour photographs. (Size: 40 mm X 30 mm).
- 2 – Attested copies Passport or be applied well in advance before the start of the course.
- Any other Certificates of higher educations.
- All the copies should be attested by School / College Principal only.
Any suppression of truth, mis-representation of facts or submission of false certificates will result in cancellation of admission, forfeiture of fees and shall be punishable as per law. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Final Exit Examination:
A mid-term examination (written, oral & practical) will be conducted halfway through the training by the academy.For Candidate who performs poor, a warning letters are sent to the parents of trainees who remain deficient in the examination, as a continues monitoring process.
At the end of the 6 months course trainees will have to appear for final examinations, conducted by the Board of Examination for Seafarers (BES). The final examination will be in written, oral & practical.A Candidate who fails in the final examination can re-sit with total three attempts as per the rules of BES/DGS.
A candidate who wishes to re appear for the next attempt will have to mandatorily attend the classes for at least one month to re-sit. He will have to pay the lodging/ boarding charges and examination fees.
Issuance of CDC & Course Certificates:
After completing the Pre-Sea Training (G.P.Rating) and STCW 2010 Basic Safety Courses, the successful trainees are eligible to get the Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) from the Shipping Master, Government of India. The Academy will procure the CDC of passed out candidates and issue with all the other certificates.
After passing out from the Academy and obtaining the CDC from the Shipping Master, the trainees qualify to take up employment as seamen aboard a ship of Indian or Foreign flag on their own.
With further sea-service, these ratings may be promoted as Seaman Helmsman, Able Bodied Seaman or Motorman and also to the Officer’s level, subject to certain D.G. Shipping requirements.
The Academy shall guide the passing-out trainees in obtaining suitable jobs with the help of placement cell.